Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Life isn't always easy

So recently not many people know but Tony and I have been looking into moving out of our apartment. This may not sound like it is such a big deal but it really is because we are currently living next to our landlord who also is Tony's boss and family friend. So there really aren't any secrets held back from the family. Last week Tony came home from school and told me that Andrew and Emily (Andrew being Tony's close cousin, also best friend) asked him if we would like to rent a house with them. I knew I really had to think about this as it is not only a big decision for me to move but to move in with another couple that I don't really know all that well. And to top all of this off another thing that I have to keep in mind is that Tony is going to have to travel to MMA everyday for the next year at least! But i had to remember that I have been the one that has been traveling back to Bangor everyday for the last two years. This has become into a huge decision! After mulling it over for a few hours alone and with Tony I decided that I could do it. Hey after all I will come out with maybe a few new friends and if not that a good experience.

We found a house in Brewer that would be perfect for Tony to go to MMA everyday and it looked kinda nice that we (meaning Tony and I) really liked and I told Emily about it but she didn't seem too crazy over it so I kinda blew it off. She was all about this other house that was in Bangor and she worked with a girl that lives there now and she said that it was decent. I believed her and Tony went with Andrew and Emily to look at it on a Saturday (I had to work). Tony told me it was a dump so I didn't even bother ask any questions about it really. They found another house that same day on the outskirts of Bangor. I wasn't too keen on this place just because it was outer Bangor and I didn't want Tony to have to drive that far everyday. I went to look at it after work that day and what a site it was. I think a past clown lived there. It was a freak show. Even though I decided not to live there I at least got a good laugh through all this stress.

So after all of these house hunting failure stories I mentioned that I would still like to go look at the house in Brewer even if it wasn't all that great after all what was it going to hurt to look? I e-mailed the owner earlier in the week anyways hoping to get a response. But there was nothing so I told Emily that I was going to try to call him and see what I got for an answer. She went for it and I actually happened to get ahold of this guy. He made an appointment with me for Monday at 4:30. I called Emily back and she was all for it and she wanted to drive by it and look again at it. So we drove in the driveway and looked around and we all fell in love with it. Emily had already made an appointment with the same guy at 3:15 for an apartment in Bangor. After we figured it out I called the guy back and he said that it would be fine if we went to the apartment in Bangor first and then to the house in Brewer after.

We looked at the apartment in Bangor and after seeing that it was kinda scummy we all decided that we didn't want to live there after all and we wanted to just get the tour over so we could get to the house in Brewer. When we were all done looking at the scummy apartment we stood in the kitchen and the guy told us that the house in Brewer has already been looked at by some other people and they are going to take it and he should have the deposit by Tuesday. If they didn't get the deposit to him by Tuesday he would call us for sure to show us the house.

I called today to find out if he had gotten the deposit but of course there was no answer. I left a message telling him to call me back and he hasn't now it is 5:30pm, I called at 10:00am. Tony e-mailed the guy around the same time I called him and Tony got a phone call back within a few minutes telling him that the house hasn't been rented! We now have an appointment tomorrow at 1:00. The guy doesn't know that it is the same people that he denied the day before! He is going to be in for a huge surprise tomorrow when he sees us all there waiting to see the house. I can't wait!

No comments: